In the SCR (Selective Catalytic Reduction) processes, the reaction is identical to the SNCR, but the addition of a catalyst makes it possible to carry out the reaction at a lower temperature, and with a better efficiency (up to more than 95% ).
The range of use of the SCR catalysts is generally between 180 and 450 ° C. The catalyst is formed by a support, usually ceramic (sometimes metal), impregnated with the active phase. The support can then take several forms: monolith, plates or pellets.
These catalysts are sensitive to some poisons present in the flue gas. That’s why their implementation requires know-how and experience in order to have a powerful and reliable installation.
The advantages of SCR are:
- Customized design according to the installation to be treated
- High and stable performance
- Limited reagent consumption
The PROSSERGY offer includes:
- Studies and engineering on new installations or in revamping
- The construction of complete SCR units
- Performance monitoring on existing installations